Small Business Networking Event
With Special Guest Lara Hodgson
The Next Fran Tarkenton Toronto Small Business Networking Event is on
Thu. Dec. 12, '13
Reserve Your Seat Now!
These sites are recommended sources of information for entrepreneurs and small bisinesses:Tweet
- E-Business Toolkit
- E-business is the use of Internet technology to facilitate doing business. This toolkit demonstrates that not all e-business activities have to be complex or costly to achieve benefits. Small businesses that are new to the world of e-business will find information and tools that will help them get started.E-business success stories are highlighted throughout the toolkit and a glossary of common Internet terms is provided.
- Legal Best Practices Magazine - Protect Your Idea$ Part II Turning Ideas Into Value
By Brent C.J. Britton Published: April / May 2008
- Copyright protects original works of authorship, meaning just about everything written, composed, scored, scripted, drawn, painted, sculpted, choreographed, or architected. No formalities are required to obtain copyright protection – it applies automatically from the moment each work is created, or fixed in a tangible medium of expression, whether that medium is computer memory, paper and pencil, or paper mâché.
Copyright protects against unauthorized copying of an original work. Note that this is much thinner protection than that afforded by a patent. You can sue an innocent patent infringer and win, even if the defendant has never heard of you, your patent, or the underlying invention; it is enough that they make, use, or sell an infringing product. With copyright, you may only sue those who actually copy your original work, by making a digital copy, for example, or by producing a work of their own that is substantially similar to yours after havin
- Small Business Trends is an award-winning comprehensive online publication for small business owners, entrepreneurs and the people who interact with them. We offer a variety of features to help you stay informed about the small business market. You can track, explore and learn from trends affecting small business through these informational resources:See About SmallBizTrends.com for more details.
- Federal Government Grants, Subsidies and Financial Programs
- Get the Most From Government Programs. Join our FREE webinar workshop: Getting the Most From Government Programs to learn about government grants available to businesses. TD Canada Trust knows how important financing is to businesses. That's why we're providing this FREE online seminar to help you find the government grants, subsidies and financing programs available to businesses.Host: Moe Somani, President and CEO, SOHO Business Group.
- Christine Morris, Vice President, Business Banking Sales & Service, TD Canada Trust
- Dan Humphries, Regional Business Officer, Canada Business Network
- Learn where businesses can go to get started
- Understand the application process
- Learn which industries and demographic groups are eligible for government grants
- Find out how to get free secondary market research
- Fed chairman hit by ID thieves
- 22 charges after hundreds are hit by pickpocket-allied fraudsters. The US Federal Reserve Board chairman has become the latest high-profile public figure to fall victim to identity theft.Editors Note: This article highlights two points:
1) everyone is a possible ID theft target
2) everyone needs ID theft protection
- Small Business Banking & Small Business Financing | TD Canada Trust
- Do small business banking when and where you want with TD Business Financing. Take the Small Business Internet Banking tour or contact a small business advisor today! TD Canada Trust Small Business banking products were created with you in mind, the Small Business owner, to ensure we meet your business financing and banking needs.
EDITORS NOTE: It is good to see TD Canada Trust is moving away from ASP.NET technology and is now using JSP (Java Server Pages) technology which is more secure and robust.
- soho.ca - Grow your business, experience Success
- SOHO©, is a national lead generation and marketing company focused on providing valuable tools, resources, special events and event management services to the business marketplace.
EDITOR'S NOTE: This site has many VB Script errors but should work fine in most browsers. Use with caution.
- Welcome - Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC)
- The main access point for all PWGSC services. Helping nearly 140 departments and agencies serve Canadians.This site provides information for selling to the government relating to: Business services, Government services, Federal programs, Government Publications, Audit, Real estate, Contracting, Pensions, Translation, Crown assets, Finance, Sustainable development, Information technology.
- TD Canada Trust - Small Business Advisors
- The TD Canada Trust Small Business Advisor in your area understands the challenges you face and can help you to achieve your goals. For more business resource information, visit our Small Business Resource Centre
- Canadian Federation of Independent Business
- CFIB has been a big voice for small business for over 35 years with 105,000 members nationwide in every sector. Taking our direction from CFIB Members, through regular surveys, we lobby for small- and medium-sized businesses at the federal, provincial and local levels of government.
Who we are:
We represent independent businesses in all regions of Canada. Our members include the full range of enterprise in Canada, from one-person home-based businesses to firms employing hundreds of people. CFIB is the largest organization of its kind in Canada and generally has more members in any given industry than most sectoral organizations.
- Canada Business - Government Services For Canadian Entrepreneurs
- Canada Business is a cross-jurisdictional government organization that helps Canadian entrepreneurs get the information, advice and support they need to build their businessesThis site contains a wealth of information for entrepreneurs from help with e-marketing and other e-business trends to payroll deductions. It also has self-employment program, sources of funding. guide for Canadian small business and more
- Service Canada - Programs and Services for You
- Service Canada was created in 2005 to improve the delivery of government programs and services to Canadians, by making access to them faster, easier, and more convenient.
Service Canada offers single-window access to a wide range of Government of Canada programs and services for citizens through more than 600 points of service located across the country, call centres, and the Internet.Visit the various sections of this Web site to find out more about our service commitment and how we can help you.
Subscribe to our RSS Feed Follow us on Twitter
Follow our host, Jilian Saweczko, on Twitter